Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Ahhhh, crap

You know, I hate it when it rains and it's still warm out. I can't wear my waxed jacket (virtually waterproof) in combination with my fedora. I already sweat like a pig in the morning, must it rain so hard as to make me use an umbrella?

Enough bullshit though, let's bite through to the heart of another matter. Apparently Louisiana is allowing school teachers to bring supplementary materials, aka bible lovin' science books. In fact, the great and enlightened state state of Louisiana, here's a quote from State Senator Ben Nevers, a bloody Democrat;

"[The LFF] believe[s] that scientific data related to creationism should be discussed when dealing with Darwin's theory," Nevers told the newspaper. "This would allow the discussion of scientific facts. I feel the students should know there are weaknesses and strengths in both scientific arguments."


Holy, holy, holy shit. I mean, this is fairly standard for creationists. In fact, this fine example of a Southern Politician tried to push through legislation in 2001 that declared that Darwin's theory was a source of racism. What a foolish little man. I would think that this guy is more racist because apparently the only religious based theory of evolution is christianity. What about the Roman and Greek religions? How about Mesopotamia? The Norse gods? Oh, no, not good enough for bible boy.
No wonder the British and Canadians make fun of this country. Many of our politicians act like ignorant school children. Fine, bring the christian creationism into public schools. You can teach it alongside other religious views of creation. We'll give equal screen time to every religion. Then we will trump them all by looking at a scientific based view of the world and discussing evolution. I have been reading Dawkins and frankly I am beginning to fully side with him: screw it, we need not be respectful towards religion. Lets fight back against these cretins trying to impose their personal beliefs on us through legislation. If you want to worship god or gods in private, that's cool, just do not push it on me and my fellows through legislation. Creationism in church, science in public schools. Is that simple enough.
Anything else would be a godsdamn shame.

So Say We All.

No comments: